Warm Air Research Residence
Built in 1924 by the Mechanical Engineering Department  and managed by the Engineering Experiment Station,  the Warm Air Research Residence was designed to serve as a "laboratory for investigations on warm air furnace plants and air conditioning" under the auspices of the National Warm-Air Heating and Ventilating Association.  In 1934, Professor Seichi Konzo's research led the house to become the world's first air conditioned private residence.  Used continuously until 1946, the research conducted at the residence was the basis of 36 papers and 5 books,  and led to it being added to the Natural Register of Historic Places on June 12, 2001.  The Colonial Revival house was designed by Rolla D. Fulk, L. H. Provine, and Kissinger.