Architecture Library / Ricker Library
The Architecture Library began in 1873 when Nathan Ricker purchased the first pieces of his personal collection of architectural works.  His collection continued to grow until it filled a portion of the fourth floor of Engineering Hall, and it was in its location in Engineering Hall that the Architecture Library was formally rededicated as the Ricker Library on May 23, 1917. By 1935 the library had a capacity of 80 students and held 11,100 volumes.  It was marked by elaborate glass and ceramic mosaic crafted by Alonzo Wells, and was lovingly restored in 1981.  Today it hangs in the current Ricker Library in the Architecture Building.