Daniels Hall / Sherman Hall
Daniels and Sherman Halls serve as the two graduate dormitories on campus. Although primarily for graduate student housing, both accept upper class undergraduates as well.
Daniels Hall was named in 1964  after Arthur Hills Daniel, who served the University in many capacities throughout his life. Among the roles he fulfilled were Professor of Philosophy, Head of the Philosophy Department, Acting Dean of the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences, Dean of the Graduate School, and Acting President of the University. 
By September 1958, the University had acquired all of the properties it needed to begin construction, including 201 South Gregory Street (Mr. And Mrs. M. V. Kreismanis) for $18,500, 1006 West Green Street from Mr. And Mrs. Alfred E. Bach for $32,000, and 1008 West Green and 1008 ½ West Green from Mr. And Mrs. W. R. Hunsicker for $37,000 and $55,000, respectively. The higher price for 1008 ½ Green was due to a new apartment house which had recently been constructed on the property. 
Bids for the new Graduate Student Residence Hall were taken February 17, 1959, with Felmley-Dickerson Company of Urbana submitting a price of $1,269,500 for the construction (not including furniture). The new 307-student hall was financed through a $1,395,000 loan from the Housing and Home Finance Agency. While originally intended to have 69 single and 238 double rooms, the University asked that the company alter its bid to instead construct 213 single and 94 double rooms. On April 14, 1959 the Board granted the contract to Felmley-Dickerson and authorized them to begin construction immediately, up to a cost of $100,000. 
Groundbreaking on the building occurred on June 22, 1959, with groundbreaking on the second building occurring on June 14, 1960. Hewitt and Bastian designed the entire complex, and Johnson, Drake & Piper were the general contractors for the second unit. 
In the Fall of 2001, a $12.1M renovation of Daniels Hall was completed, doubling room size, and "represent[ing] a new direction in housing, incorporating undergraduate student preferences for more privacy and a location with proximity to core classes". 
After its completion, Daniels Hall was known as one of the few dorms on campus where air-conditioned rooms could be obtained, through residents were forced to bring their own air conditioners. 
Sherman Hall was completed in 1966  and is named after Stuart Pratt Sherman, who was English faculty in the 1900's and edited books for the New York Herald-Tribune literary magazine.