Electrical Engineering Building / Mechanical and Electrical Engineering Building / Electrical Engineering Research Laboratory and Annex
Dedicated in 1898, the $123,000  Electrical Engineering Building housed "an engine room, a dynamo room and a storage battery room, as well as Mechanical Engineering's Steam Laboratory". It also neighbored the beginnings of the Power House with its boiler room and 150 foot tall smoke stack that was 6 feet in diameter.  Designed by Cyrus S. McLean & Seth J. Temple,  a $60,000 1929 addition by James White  joined the building with the original Theoretical and Applied Mechanics building.  The engineering on the original building was performed by L. P. Breckenridge and Albert P. Carman, while M. Yeager & Sons handled the general contracting. 
Known by 1950 as the Electrical Engineering Research Laboratory and Annex, the building housed "one of the few vacuum tube research laboratories outside commercial plants".  The building known for its distinctive orange door  was razed in Spring 1994.