East Chemistry Annex / Chemistry and Chemical Engineering Building / Roger Adams Laboratory
Dedicated on March 30, 1951,  with a speech by its namesake, Roger Adams,  construction on the $5.9M  East Chemistry Annex had begun four years earlier in 1947. Like several campus buildings of the time, it was designed by Graham, Anderson, Probst, and White, in conjunction with University Architect Ernest L. Stouffer, and John Felmley Company served as the general contractor.  Originally known simply as the East Annex because of its position directly east of the two existing chemistry buildings, the building was later known as the Chemistry and Chemical Engineering Building and eventually renamed in honor of Roger Adams. Adams served as the Head of the Chemistry Department from 1926 until 1954 and was a professor in the department from 1916 to 1957. 
By 1968, the University was planning an $11,024,300 addition to the building. 
Although the building is named in honor of Roger Adams, a lone plaque hangs in the north vestibule stating "This Laboratory of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering is dedicated to the memory of Samuel Wilson Parr", who served as a professor in the Chemistry Department from 1891 to 1926.