Forestry / Illini Grove / Illini Meadows
By 1915, the south-east corner of campus was occupied by the Forestry Department, which owned the land running Pennsylvania almost to Nevada, running along Lincoln Avenue.  By 1963-1964, the remnants of the original forestry grove were known as Illini Grove. 
By 1960, construction began on various "recreational facilities" for Illini Meadows, "formerly known as Illini Grove".   In the early 1960's the shelter house in Illini Grove first appeared on maps. By 1983-1986, the present Illini Grove had regained its name and Illini Meadows referred to an area immediately west of the Veterinary Medicine Complex across Lincoln Avenue.