Veterinary Medicine Complex
The first Veterinary Medicine building was erected in 1950 on Pennsylvania Avenue and today is the headquarters of the National Soybean Research Center.  Today the Veterinary Medicine Department occupies a sprawling complex south of Florida Avenue.
The new Veterinary Medicine Hospital, known today as the Large Animal Clinic, was completed in 1971.  The building was to house the "teaching, research, extension, and public service activities of the Department of Veterinary Clinical Medicine in the areas of large animal medicine and surgery" and was to allow for the "simultaneous hospitalization, examination, and treatment of approximately 170 farm animals, chiefly cattle, horses, swine, and sheep". Working drawings were to be available by July 1969 and the $10,022,800 facility was to add 71,641 square feet to the department". 
The Veterinary Medicine Research Laboratory was finished in 1960-1962   for a cost of $298,000.   Ground was broken on the Small Animal Clinic on December 20, 1967  with construction beginning March 11, 1968.  The $7M building, designed by the Perkins & Will Partnership and built by Talandis Construction,  was slated for completion by February of 1970. . In May 1964 a two-story addition to the Veterinary Medicine Research Laboratory was completed and a four-story annex to its east was completed. The two additions to the complex cost a combined $368,460. 
By September 1, 1965, the College of Agriculture had selected the current site in south campus for a new Veterinary Science complex. 
In 1971 the Veterinary Medicine Surgery and Obstetrics Laboratory was completed and in 1982-1983 the Veterinary Basic Sciences Building was built for $2,500,000.