Rock Garden, Flower Gardens, and Lily Pond
In the space now occupied by the Undergraduate Library and the southern quad, there once sprawled a magnificent sculpted rock garden with formal gardens spilling onto a lily pond. Sinking below ground in some places and rising above it in others, stone paths traced rolling hills through an oasis of nature back dropped by the twin towers of science and learning, the Observatory and Main Library. 
Established in 1916, and a campus staple by the 1930's,  the gardens had largely fallen into disuse by late 1940's and were finally abandoned in 1951.  The Undergraduate Library was dedicated on the site in 1969.