Metal Shop / Aeronautical Lab "B" / Machinery Hall / Machine Tool Laboratory
Completed in 1895, the Metal Shop, also known as Aeronautical Lab "B",  and Machinery Hall  or Machine Tool Laboratory  was designed by Nathan Ricker.  It was a largely functional building, with steel truss-work. Costing $20,000  to construct, it featured a large lecture room, two offices, a machine shop, wood shop, forge, and a foundry.  Added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1986,  it was razed in 1993 to make way for the Grainger Engineering Library.