Margaret H. and William E. Levis Faculty Center
The Margaret H. and William E. Levis Faculty Center was made possible in 1968 by a $1M gift from Mrs. Levis, of Perrysburg, Ohio. Margaret, a graduate of the class of 1914, was also a member of the University of Illinois Foundation. Her husband, William, contributed the largest single gift ever to the Illini Union Fund. 
Groundbreaking for the Center occurred on September 16, 1970. It was designed by Harry, Weese and Associates, with Skoog Construction Company handling the general contracting.  Leobel, Schlossman, Bennett and Dart had done the initial site drawings in 1965.