Parking Lot at 1205-1207 West Illinois Street
On February 21, 1948, the Board of Trustees authorized the purchase of a property at 1205-1207, which had been offered to the University for an immediate purchase price of $5,950. Its location was "in the block immediately east of the campus and across from the Men's University Club and other properties owned by the University on the opposite side of the street in the same block". The property "consist[ed] of a frontage of 93.5 feet on Illinois Street and a depth of 130 feet" and the Physical Plant Department "propose[d] to make immediate use of it for an additional parking area urgently needed in this location". The purchase was authorized, along with an additional $6,000 to "prepare [the property] for parking purposes".