|UIHistories Project: A History of the University of Illinois by Kalev Leetaru|
| || U I H I S T O R I E S P R O J E C T|
Today in the History of the University of IllinoisWelcome to the new "Today in the History of the University of Illinois" feature! This is an extremely experimental project to build a database of major events in the University's history, currently totaling more than 500,000. The current database below was compiled using software programs that identified all dates in the pages on this site and in its more than 70,000 pages of digitized historical material. Since all dates were 100% automatically identified, there may be errors, and many date references may refer to routine events. This is a work in progress, please contact University Archives with comments, questions, recommendations, etc. A total of 5 events are recorded for today.
Pick another date:
Submit an Event
Know of a major event that is not listed here? Please email University Archives with more details about the date and details of the event!
Matches from large statistical sources like the Board of Trustees Proceedings can generate thousands of results. These are currently hidden, but you can also view all matches.
Digital Library Matches
- 1903: Aug. 19 Resignation of Miss Jayne, Dean of Women (Book - Early History of University (1916))
- 1925: ...llllllMlllllMlllllllllllMllirllllllllMIMMIrlllHJIHIIIIIillllllllHIII VICTOR F R E M O N T L A W S O N Victor Fremont Lawson was born in Chicago, September 9, 1850, and died in Chicago, August 19, 1925. He was elected to the Hall October 12, 1928 Election 1. He was educated at public schools and at Phillips Andover Academy. When his father died in 1873 Lawson took over management of certain propert... (Dedication - Editor's Hall of Fame)
- 1940: ...ic Library. Rebecca F. Ruby, B.S 36, resigned her position in the Circulation Department of Purdue University Library, Lafayette, Indiana, to be married to Van Tyle William Coddington, August 19, 1940. Mr. and Mrs. Coddington may be addressed as follows: E 6 Mahencha Apartments, 1904 W. Fifth Avenue, Gary, Indiana. Martha Lou Sanford, B.S 36, resigned her position in the Indiana State Teachers Col... (UI Library School Alumni Newsletter - 29)
- 1942: ...he Chief Accountant of the University t h a t vouchers payable to petitioner Johnson "will be held in this office until we are notified to do otherwise by the Attorney General"; and on August 19, 1942, petitioner Johnson was advised by the Chief Clerk aforesaid t h a t the same rule would be applied in the case of vouchers drawn in favor of petitioner Hodges Pet., pp. 26, 27 i ; 8. That the Board,... (Booklet - UI Charter of Freedom (1942))
- 1962: , Aug. 19, 1962 THE PLAIN DEALER jr. EDUCATION' FORUM- en ers Surely AVhy Not 1 By DR. BENJAMIN FINE; A 24-vqlume .set df the modern Reference authority, Collier's Encyclopedia, will be awarded to Miss Nancy Redenti... (SWE - News Clippings Book )