|UIHistories Project: A History of the University of Illinois by Kalev Leetaru|
| || U I H I S T O R I E S P R O J E C T|
Today in the History of the University of IllinoisWelcome to the new "Today in the History of the University of Illinois" feature! This is an extremely experimental project to build a database of major events in the University's history, currently totaling more than 500,000. The current database below was compiled using software programs that identified all dates in the pages on this site and in its more than 70,000 pages of digitized historical material. Since all dates were 100% automatically identified, there may be errors, and many date references may refer to routine events. This is a work in progress, please contact University Archives with comments, questions, recommendations, etc. A total of 9 events are recorded for today.
Pick another date:
Submit an Event
Know of a major event that is not listed here? Please email University Archives with more details about the date and details of the event!
Matches from large statistical sources like the Board of Trustees Proceedings can generate thousands of results. These are currently hidden, but you can also view all matches.
Digital Library Matches
- 1881: On June 23, 1881, Dr. Jackson, on behalf of the Committee on grounds and location, reported that the lot on the northwest corner of Harrison and Honore Streets, 95 x 100 feet, could be secured Jor college purposes. D... (Book - History of University of Illinois at Chicago (1921))
- 1933: ...home in Grafton, Massachusetts. Mr. Stones is a metallurgist with the New England Wire Company. Carlyle Morris, B.S. '27, and Mrs. Morris announce the birth of a daughter, Sara Anne, on June 23 , 1933. Mr. Morris is in the Reference department of the Chicago Public Library. Dorothy Kmelinc Moyer, B.S. '27, was married January 1, 1034, in Champaign, to Mr. Paul Richard 1 lalmos of Chicago. Mr. Ilal... (UI Library School Alumni Newsletter - 19)
- 1934: ... - CL 8 O IB 3 8 W en rD o f A g ro ea. c o o a - i o i e r o - S. 3 w - B B ro O 3 s o. 2.5 p 2 . r L si 1 SZlv n r c rw w 5 ,Alumni A lf News Letter, 1935 Houkom, M.S. '33, was married June 23, 1934, to Miss Mathilda X viand. Assistant Dc.m oi Women at S t Olaf College, Northfield, Minnesota. Mr. Iloukom is Librarian of St. Olaf College. 0 Order partmc ity is Library. Alberta A. Auld, B.S. 33, i... (UI Library School Alumni Newsletter - 21)
- 1941: ... V E R S I T Y O F I L L I N O I S L I B R A R Y SCHOOL Genen By CARL M. WHITE hagt 5ciu on tk isistar on a I An address to the University of Illinois Library School Association, Boston, June 23, 1941 e C 0 " of the significant developments in the field of higher education during V last decade was the revision of standards for higher institutions by the North y-entral Association. The series of mo... (UI Library School Alumni Newsletter - 29)
- 1941: ...tion. ,BOWLING Eight air-conditioned bowling alleys ar o n dail ti i 9 a . m to 11 p.m., Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 1 ' p.m.. and Sundays from 1 p.m. to 11 p.m. Bowlin is 1 i In Starting on June 23, there will b a lea o th men and women, and all players interested in parti til mould sign up either ai the disk in the bowlin die r at th.Main Desk of the building by June 21. No entry i priz will be awa... (Booklet - Illini Union Summer Program (1941))
- 1962: ... Earliest date for full credit if w i t h d r a w i n g for military service six weeks completed Study D a y classes dismissed Summer session examinations Summer Session, 1962 Twelve-Week June 23, Sat. June 25, Mon. June 25, Mon., 7 p.m. Registration Instruction begins examination for the transfer students with eighty or more credit hours onlv Latest date for full rebate of tuition and fees Indepe... (Student Regulations - Undergraduates - 1961)
- 1972: ...reaking for the building was anticipated In the fall of 1971 with completion by September 1973, delays In the final plans prevented this plan. Groundbreaking for the building was held on June 23, 1972. The architectural firm for the building was Murphy, Downey, Wooford,. and Rlchman of St. Louis. This firm has specialized In libraries and built the 0 in Library at Washington University at St. Loui... (Dedication - Brookens Library (UIS) (Two-Pager))
- 1972: ...4 4,033,000 Based upon the total of the combined low bids, the unit cost for the construction of the library building was 30.63 per square foot. Site excavation for Brookens Library began June 23,1972, and construction proceeded in good order. In January 1974 construction was approximately 50 completed. Then in April 1974 the general contractor removed all personnel from the job and declared bankr... (UIS History 1969-1995 (Sangamon State Univ))
- 1972: ...ur Ventilation - R. H . Bishop Co Th, Springfidd 438,658 j Mg j Punzak Air CondiUoning Heating - Jack Muse Inc Wiiiok ,. , Electncal - Anderson f r f B R 182,700 Construction Start Date: June 23, 1972 Completion: October 21, ,976 substantial 1 ,rt -iyear: 1971 5 d: Perimeter Road and Parking Lot "B" originally lot "A" y A fpnyect Budget: 640,000 hited Enginecn Collins and Rice, Inc. A Austin-David... (UIS History 1969-1995 (Sangamon State Univ))