|UIHistories Project: A History of the University of Illinois by Kalev Leetaru|
| || U I H I S T O R I E S P R O J E C T|
Today in the History of the University of IllinoisWelcome to the new "Today in the History of the University of Illinois" feature! This is an extremely experimental project to build a database of major events in the University's history, currently totaling more than 500,000. The current database below was compiled using software programs that identified all dates in the pages on this site and in its more than 70,000 pages of digitized historical material. Since all dates were 100% automatically identified, there may be errors, and many date references may refer to routine events. This is a work in progress, please contact University Archives with comments, questions, recommendations, etc. A total of 5 events are recorded for today.
Pick another date:
Submit an Event
Know of a major event that is not listed here? Please email University Archives with more details about the date and details of the event!
Matches from large statistical sources like the Board of Trustees Proceedings can generate thousands of results. These are currently hidden, but you can also view all matches.
- 1953: ... ftnref1 1 Campus Map and Informational Brochure - circa 1950's lists English Building as Bevier Hall, which places it between 1946 and 1956 ftnref2 2 Board of Trustees Proceedings, September 23, 1953 ftnref3 3 Board of Trustees Proceedings, February 18, 1954 ... (Parade Ground Housing Units)
Digital Library Matches
- 1874: ...ultural Chemistry, at a salary of 5,000.00 a year. June 8 N. C. Eicker advanced to full professorship. First annual meeting of Alumni. I . O. Baker appointed instructor had taught since Sept. 23, 1874 . ,L, U N I V E R S I T Y OF I L L I N O I S 1875-6 Oct. 28, 1875 Second annual Oratorical Contest between the colleges of Illinois ' held at Jacksonville. The contestants were representatives of Kno... (Book - Early History of University (1916))
- 1913: 1913-14 September 23 Registration showed increase in enrollment. Trustees voted financial backing for orchestral concerts. Phi Kappa Sigma and K a p p a Kappa Gamma in new chapter houses (Book - Early History of University (1916))
- 1914: 1914-15 September 23 Freshman convocation (Book - Early History of University (1916))
- 1974: Sept. 23 Nov. 11 C l a s s e s end Nov. 28-30 E x a m i n a t i o n s Dec. 7 Second S e m e s t e r D e c . 2-6 Registration C l a s s e s begin 1974-75 Spring vacation D e c . 2-6 C l a s s e s end Jan. 6 Examina... (Reference Folder - 1973)