|UIHistories Project: A History of the University of Illinois by Kalev Leetaru|
| || U I H I S T O R I E S P R O J E C T|
Today in the History of the University of IllinoisWelcome to the new "Today in the History of the University of Illinois" feature! This is an extremely experimental project to build a database of major events in the University's history, currently totaling more than 500,000. The current database below was compiled using software programs that identified all dates in the pages on this site and in its more than 70,000 pages of digitized historical material. Since all dates were 100% automatically identified, there may be errors, and many date references may refer to routine events. This is a work in progress, please contact University Archives with comments, questions, recommendations, etc. A total of 15 events are recorded for today.
Pick another date:
Submit an Event
Know of a major event that is not listed here? Please email University Archives with more details about the date and details of the event!
Matches from large statistical sources like the Board of Trustees Proceedings can generate thousands of results. These are currently hidden, but you can also view all matches.
- 1962: ...ial University, and appointed its first Board of Trustees Paul Ingrassia, who received the 1993 Pulitzer for Journalism, lived in 204 Oglesby from 1969-1970. ftn23 23 ftnref1 1 Courier - april 8, 1962 - stated complex was to open on schedule in September ftnref2 2 Illinois Alumni News November 1962 ftnref3 3 Illinois Alumni News November 1962 ftnref4 4 University Buildings Spreadsheet - Vertical F... (Florida Avenue Residence Halls / FAR and Pennsylvania Avenue Residence Halls / PAR)
- 1962: ...ref3 3 Illinois Alumni News November 1962 ftnref4 4 University Buildings Spreadsheet - Vertical File, University Archives ftnref5 5 Illinois Alumni News November 1962 ftnref6 6 Courier - april 8, 1962 ftnref7 7 Courier - Oct 23,1977 ftnref8 8 Board of Trustees Proceedings, June 20, 1962 ftnref9 9 Board of Trustees Proceedings, January 15, 1964 ftnref10 10 Board of Trustees Proceedings, October 21,... (Florida Avenue Residence Halls / FAR and Pennsylvania Avenue Residence Halls / PAR)
Digital Library Matches
- 1893: ... Maxwell, Paul H. Cooper, f Fred W. Herman, J . . . . u ' - ditcher. First Base. Third Base. Second Base. - Short Stop. Left Field. - Right Field. Center Field. Substitutes. Bamee of 1893 April 8, Agril 15, April 22, May 6, May 8, May 10, May 17, May 18, May 20, May 22, May 27, May 30, June 3, June 5, June 6, June 8, June 9, June 10, University University University University University Universit... (Illio - 1895)
- 1897: April 8 First concert of Oratorical Society (Book - Early History of University (1916))
- 1897: April 8 Professor Edward Lee Thorndike of Columbia University delivered a series of five .lectures under the joint auspices of the College of Literature and Arts and the School of Education on Individual Differen... (Book - Early History of University (1916))
- 1900: Apr. 8 Inter-Fraternity Baseball League organized (Book - Early History of University (1916))
- 1900: April 8 " P i r a t e s of P e n z a n c e " presented by Glee Club (Book - Early History of University (1916))
- 1901: Apr. 8 Presentation of ' ' I o l a n t h e ' ' by Opera Club (Book - Early History of University (1916))
- 1902: April 8 " P i n a f o r e " presented by Opera Club (Book - Early History of University (1916))
- 1911: April 8 The Seventh Annual Dinner of the New York Alumni Association was held at the Hotel Manhattan, one hundred and fifteen persons were present. Ex-President Andrew Sloan Draper and Dean Thomas Arkle Clark wer... (Book - Early History of University (1916))
- 1912: April 8 Professor Guy S. Ford of Department of Modern European History called to Minnesota as Dean of Graduate School. Robber entered clothing store of R. E. Zombro, held up proprietor and escaped with cash. At b... (Book - Early History of University (1916))
- 1914: April 8 Electrical engineering show. Der Deutsche Verein presented " F l a c h s mann als Erzieher." April 13 Phi Beta Kappa initiation. R. R. Thomas elected editor and P . W. Freark business manager of Technogra... (Book - Early History of University (1916))
- 1918: ...U N I V E R S I T Y OF I L L I N O I S Ittuico WEEKLY Vol. XV i BULLETIN No. tat A APRIL 8, 1918. n r Dacaabtr 11. 1912. at tlM DOM o c at U of Auauit 24,19121 WHAT EVERY ONE SHOULD KNOW ABOUT WAR LKGISLATION By ROBERT EUGENE CUSHMAN. Ph. D., Instructor in Political Science PUBLISHED BY THE UNIV... (War Publications - WWI Compilation 1923 - Article 6)
- 1925: ...plot of ground just west of the New Commerce Building was set aside for the proposed building for Architecture and Kindred Subjects. This plan was brought to the attention of the Board on April 8,1925, through President Kinley, who recommended that the building for Architecture and Kindred Subjects be located as shown on the plan. His recommendation was approved. As had been expected, the General ... (Book - 30 Year Master Plan (Tilton & O'Donnell))
- 1931: ...4th anniversary meeting of the State Library Association last October. OHIO VALLEY CATALOGERS Mvrne Moffitt, librarian of the U. S. Veterans Hospital at Lexington Kentucky, writes that on April 8th the Ohio Valley Catalogers met in Lex ington. There were about sixty present and Illinois was well represented Mrs. Verna Pate from the Indianapolis Public Library was one of the speakers. OKLAHOMA LIBR... (UI Library School Alumni Newsletter - 18)