Temple Hoyne Buell Hall
By the early 1990's, the Architecture Department had filled their 1926  building to capacity and the dire need for a new building was evident. That new building became Temple Hoyne Buell Hall, the "only building in the Midwest to bring together under one roof - in an academic setting - the three disciplines of architecture, landscape architecture, and urban and regional planning". 
Temple Hoyne Buell, a graduate of the class of 1916, had made his name with his design of the Cherry Creek Shopping Center, the first shopping mall with surrounding parking. In 1962 he had endowed the Temple Hoyne Buell Foundation, and in 1989 instructed it to fund a large gift to the University. It was this foundation that presented the University with an $8M gift to construct a new Architecture building in his name.  Groundbreaking for the new building occurred on December 2, 1992,  and the facility was dedicated on October 13, 1995.  It was designed by Perkins & Will, Inc, with English Brothers Company handling the general contracting.