University of Illinois: Virtual Campus Tour|
A UIHistories Project by Kalev Leetaru
Below you will find a collection of campus trivia questions. Some are pretty easy, while some may stump even the budding campus historian.
- What three campus buildings are connected via a pedestrian tunnel?
- What is the oldest campus building still standing?
- Which campus building was used in early special forces training?
- How many buildings have been named "Bevier Hall" and what are their current names?
- The inauguration of which campus building caused the University to formally adopt orange and blue as its campus colors?
- What was the University's original name?
- What pivotal campus figure is buried on campus and where?
- What was the name of the University's first building and what was its intended purpose when it was first constructed?
- Which Main Quad building used to have a swimming pool?
- What was the first major campus building to be commissioned by the University itself?
- Which First Lady helped to celebrate the 1-year anniversary of a campus building and which building was it?
- What campus building was the first to be funded by private donations?
- When were women first admitted to the University?
- What was "Project 500"?
- What was the University's "Charter of Freedom"?
- What was the University's original motto?
- When did the University first begin to confer degrees?