|UIHistories Project: A History of the University of Illinois by Kalev Leetaru|
| || U I H I S T O R I E S P R O J E C T|
Today in the History of the University of IllinoisWelcome to the new "Today in the History of the University of Illinois" feature! This is an extremely experimental project to build a database of major events in the University's history, currently totaling more than 500,000. The current database below was compiled using software programs that identified all dates in the pages on this site and in its more than 70,000 pages of digitized historical material. Since all dates were 100% automatically identified, there may be errors, and many date references may refer to routine events. This is a work in progress, please contact University Archives with comments, questions, recommendations, etc. A total of 9 events are recorded for today.
Pick another date:
Submit an Event
Know of a major event that is not listed here? Please email University Archives with more details about the date and details of the event!
Matches from large statistical sources like the Board of Trustees Proceedings can generate thousands of results. These are currently hidden, but you can also view all matches.
- 1988: ...ion Facility Campus Recreation East Satellite Recreation Facility Campus Recreation East The groundbreaking of the new Satellite Recreation Facility at 906 South Goodwin occurred on September 22, 1988. Formal ceremonies were held between 10 and 11:30AM, and throughout the remainder the day students were invited to grab a shovel and help dig part of the foundation. ftn1 1 There was also a poster si... (Satellite Recreation Facility / Campus Recreation East)
Digital Library Matches
- 1913: , Sept. 22, 1913, pp. 87-88 Ibid ,f Rept., Univ. of 111., 1868, p. 141 "Ibid, pp. 102, 133 "Kept., Univ, of 111., 1872-8, p. 186 "From Records of Champaign County Rept Univ. of III, 1896, p. 241; Comptroller's Report... (Book - 16 Years (Edmund James))
- 1919: ...n to offer a four-year course in athletic coaching leading to a degree, and a large number of Central Illinois boys are considering entering the new school in September. The school opens Sept. 22 Most coaches, thus far, have been educated to be doctors, lawyers, or engineers, for instance. Coaching as a life work was often a stop-gap or an afterthought. Beyond their own experience in athletics the... (Booklet - Articles and Letters about UI Coaching (1922 Selections))
- 1922: ...ist them in determining the scope of their work: The plan for our South Campus development, prepared by Mr. Charles A. Piatt, was submitted to the Board of Trustees at its meeting of September 22,1922, together with certain definite recommendations, and this plan was adopted by the Board at the meeting of October 20,192a. The adoption of this plan settled not only building locations, but also the ... (Book - 30 Year Master Plan (Tilton & O'Donnell))
- 1926: ...r only the first two steps had been taken; the third, the preparation of a comprehensive Landscape Plan, yet remained. Gradually the Trustees came to a full realization of this, and September 22, 1926, on motion of Dr. Noble the President of the Board was authorized to appoint a Special Committee of three members to consider and report on the landscaping of the Campus. Mrs. Ickes, chairman of this... (Book - 30 Year Master Plan (Tilton & O'Donnell))
- 1926: , Sept. 22, 1926, p. 101 ; Sept. 27, I'IJJ, ' 441. 00.00 ROOT, ELIZA Framed photograph of Dr. C W. Earle, one of the founders of the College of Physicians and Surgeons Min., Nov. 19, 1920, p. 117. 700 volumes, files ... (Book - Gifts to the University (1867-1930))
- 1926: , Sept. 22, 1926, p. 105. WALKER, WARDER, Miss NELLIE See Taft, Lorado, Friends of Doctor 800 grape cuttings, and other small fruits Min., Mar. 8, 1870, p. 50. W a r Savings Stamps Sales for Illinois, Committee on th... (Book - Gifts to the University (1867-1930))
- 1982: ...cept the very small campus information center at the main entrance. From the exact center of the campus looking westward, within this angle, views of the setting sun can be seen from September 22 to March 22. On December 22 the sun sets at the southernmost point, almost on a direct line between the center point of the campus and Main Entrance center of rotary to the campus. Within this angle, west... (UIS Long Range Plan - 1970 (Sangamon State Univ))
- 1988: ...The Division of Campus Recreation cordially invites UNIVERSITY OF ILLINOIS STUDENTS to participate in the SATELLITE RECREATION FACILITY GROUND BREAKING CEREMONIES " Thursday, September 22,1988 9:30 AM: Formal Ceremonies 10:00-11:30 AM: Students may stop by to help "break" ground and are encouraged to sign a poster board that will be displayed when the facility opens Field directly east of ... (Dedication - Campus Rec Satellite)