|UIHistories Project: A History of the University of Illinois by Kalev Leetaru|
| || U I H I S T O R I E S P R O J E C T|
Today in the History of the University of IllinoisWelcome to the new "Today in the History of the University of Illinois" feature! This is an extremely experimental project to build a database of major events in the University's history, currently totaling more than 500,000. The current database below was compiled using software programs that identified all dates in the pages on this site and in its more than 70,000 pages of digitized historical material. Since all dates were 100% automatically identified, there may be errors, and many date references may refer to routine events. This is a work in progress, please contact University Archives with comments, questions, recommendations, etc. A total of 11 events are recorded for today.
Pick another date:
Submit an Event
Know of a major event that is not listed here? Please email University Archives with more details about the date and details of the event!
Matches from large statistical sources like the Board of Trustees Proceedings can generate thousands of results. These are currently hidden, but you can also view all matches.
Digital Library Matches
- 1874: March 1 1 , March 24, March 25, March 26, June 7, 8, June June 9, Jan (Course Catalog - 1872-1873)
- 1875: March 24. - March 25 (Course Catalog - 1873-1874)
- 1887: ...for Admission to Advanced Classes, Tuesday, January 4 Opening of the Second or Winter Term Wednesday, January 5 Second Term ends Wednesday, March 23 Third or Spring Term begins Thursday, March 24 Baccalaureate Address in University Chapel Sunday, June 5 Class Day Monday, June 6 Alumni Day Tuesday, June 7 Commencement Wednesday, June 8 SUMMER VACATION. Examinations for Admission Monday, September 1... (Course Catalog - 1885-1886)
- 1892: .... Conklin Prize Orations. Twenty-first Annual Commencement. 3 Sept. 14, Monday Sept. 16, Wednesday Sept. 17, Thursday Nov. 26, Thursday Nov. 30, Monday Dec. 21, Monday Dec. 23, Wednesday March 24, Thursday April 15, Friday April 30, Saturday May 26, Thursday May 30, Monday May 31, Tuesday June 1, Wednesday June 5, Sunday June 6, Monday June 7, Tuesday June 8, Wednesday ,UNIVERSITY OF ILLINOIS. FAL... (Course Catalog - 1890-1891)
- 1897: March 24, Wednesday. Entrance Examinations. Registration Days. Instruction begins. Prize Debate. Term Examinations begin. Term Ends (Course Catalog - 1895-1896)
- 1907: March 24 Prof. R. Leonard of the University of Breslau lectured before the students of the College of Law on German Ideals of Private Law (Book - Early History of University (1916))
- 1911: ...e i itul TIJ - w pk o f the C o m m i t t e e has a t t r a c t e d a t t e n t i o n 01 r own circle. As a matte of fact, a brief announ iment -it nt nd purj is to be found in Science, March 24, 1911, ; t is record emanated from the University and was pi Ia in rd i' the C o m m i t t e e ' s a p p o i n t m e n t , it may well 1 1 how d e f i n i t e l y the idea that was i n m i n d ' the I 1 1 ... (Booklet - UI Senate Committee for Establishing UI Constitution (1915))
- 1917: On March 24. fifteen thousand letters and information blanks were sent to the alumni and students of the University of Illinois. On the information blank which was to be checked by the alumnus and returned there were... (Booklet - UI Response to WWI (1917))
- 1919: " On March 24, 1919, Director Thorne sent to President James "a copy of the memorandum in regard to the suggested plan of cooperation between the University of Illinois Medical Schools and the Department of Public Welfa... (Book - 30 Year Master Plan (Tilton & O'Donnell))
- 1919: On March 24, 1919, Director Thorn nt Pr ident James "a cop; of the memorandum in regard to the suggested plan of cooperation between the University of Illinois Medical Schools and the Department of Public Welfare." Ac... (Booklet - Research Hospitals (1929))
- 1945: ...3 Ohio, Illinois Plane crash, Corpus Christie, Texas, October 13, 1043 EDWARD AMENDE ALLEN, JR. '44 Bradenton, Florida Belgium, January 2, 1945 ROBERT EDWIN ALLEN '41 HS Evanst Germany, March 24, 1945 ROBERT MORGAN ALLEN '43 Decatur. Germany, March 19, 1945 CLIFFORD FLOYD ALTHOFF '45 ingham n, Ian I H ... (Book - Gold Star Illini (UIUC War Veterans))